Creamy chicken & mushrooms (yum!)
Sometimes you just CRAVE a hearty comfort food meal. The problem is, they often take a long time to prep or aren’t the healthiest choices!
That’s why I’ve got a delicious recipe for you today that
- is actually healthy
- tastes like you simmered it for hours but takes less than 30 minutes!
(Bonus: it will be a huge hit with anyone who loves mushrooms.)
You can serve this one with a green salad or rice, or switch it up each time you make it!
Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms
- 4 x 4 oz 115 g chicken cutlets
- Sea salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 cups 280 g mixed mushrooms, cleaned (sliced if large)
- ½ cup 120 ml chicken broth
- ¼ cup 55 g plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup 60 ml unsweetened milk (your choice)
- optional 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle the chicken with a small amount of sea salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken is). Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until any liquid is reduced.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the broth, continuing to cook for another 4 minutes, until the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt and milk. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the yogurt mixture along with ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir to coat it with the sauce.
- Remove from the pan and serve the chicken topped with the sauce and sprinkled with optional parsley.
Let me know if you try this recipe!
If you love healthy recipes like this one, join my HIPP Members community for loads more healthy recipes, in addition to finding new friends on the same health journey, joining discussion forums, find learning opportunities in my programs and challenges, you’re going to love it.