Lamb and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 494kcalPrint Recipe
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tsp. Moroccan spice mix
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. dried chili flakes
- 9 oz. 250g lamb mince
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 14 oz. 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3.5 oz. 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a large roasting tray.
- Cut the capsicums in half lengthways. Use a small sharp knife to carefully remove the seeds and membrane. Place the capsicum halves, cut-side up, in the tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the Moroccan spice mix, paprika and chili. Add the lamb mince, stirring constantly to break up the mince, and cook for 5 minutes until the meat has browned. Add in the tomato paste and chickpeas, mix well and remove from heat. Cool slightly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the feta cheese into the lamb mixture and stir to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between each of the peppers. Cover the dish loosely with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Divide between 4 serving plates. Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley.
Sodium: 471mg | Calcium: 214mg | Vitamin C: 169mg | Vitamin A: 5496IU | Sugar: 14g | Fiber: 12g | Potassium: 832mg | Cholesterol: 69mg | Calories: 494kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 26g | Carbohydrates: 43g | Iron: 6mg