Meal Prep: Taco Bowl
- 1 lb 455 g lean ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey -OR- extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup 155 ml water
- 2 cups 300 g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeno chopped (remove seeds for a milder salsa)
- ¼ cup 30 g red onion, chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups 190 g cooked rice (brown, jasmine, cauliflower, etc.)
- 15 oz 425 g can of organic corn, rinsed & drained
- ½ cup 60 g goat cheese crumbles (optional)
Prepare the protein:
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground meat or cubed tofu, breaking it up with a fork or cooking utensil as it cooks. When cooked through, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the salsa:
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
Assemble the taco bowls:
- Divide ingredients evenly between 4 to 6 (depending on serving size) meal prep containers.
- Taco-seasoned meat/tofu
- Sprinkle of goat cheese crumbles
- Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Can be eaten cold or reheated.