- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2-3 tbsp goat cheese crumbles or grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Blackpeppe to taste
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter ghee, or coconut oil
- 2-4 tbsp sautéed/leftover veggies
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh herbs parsley, chives, etc.
- Heat a small ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place your oven rack in the centre of your oven and preheat your broiler to high.
- Crack open the eggs and place the yolks in a medium bowl and the whites in a large metal or glass bowl. Add 1-2 pinches of sea salt to the whites and, using a hand mixer or metal whisk, whip until they are white, foamy, and begin to hold peaks. Set aside.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks until they become slightly foamy. Use a metal spoon to gently fold the yolks into the whites until combined. Be careful not to overwork them because if they deflate, the eggs won’t rise during cooking.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and pour in the eggs. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with the cheese and optional toppings.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven (be careful with the skillet handle!) and place the soufflé omelette on a plate, season with pepper and additional salt if necessary, and fold the omelette in half.